USPTA/PNW Officers, Board, and Staff
USPTA/PNW President / Division Leader
The following job description is for the position of the USPTA/PNW President. It is meant to be a general guideline for the duties and responsibilities of the President of the USPTA/PNW. The President shall:
- Serve as the voice of the PNW Division
- Transfer all pertinent information about the USPTA to the Board and to the PNW membership
- Respond to the requests and demands of the members of the Division
- Oversee the spending of the Division
- Set the agenda and preside over all Division meetings
- Make sure that the ED and officers stay on their tasks and meet deadlines ie.submitting forms to National, planning for convention, recruiting speakers, completing newsletter, testing, etc.
- Attend Board meetings in Houston, at National Conference and locally
- Handle personnel issues of the Division, including hiring and firing of employees.
Division Vice-President / Membership Chair
The following job description is for the position of the USPTA/PNW Division Vice President. It is meant to be a general guideline for the duties and responsibilities of the President of the USPTA/PNW. The Division Vice President shall:
- Serve as the support system to the President and work side by side with the President
- Serve as chair of the Membership Committee, making sure that the Division reps follow through on their calls to recruit new members, retain old members, get back those who have dropped
- As the President deems necessary, complete tasks that the President does not have time for and fill in for the President
- Help all officers and reps of the Division to learn their roles
Job Description-USPTA/PNW Executive Director
The following job description is for the position of the USPTA/PNW Executive Director. It is meant to be a general guideline for the duties and responsibilities of the Executive Director of the USPTA/PNW. The Executive Director shall:
- Serve as a central "question and answer" resource for the Division
- Prepare newsletters, including mailing, labeling, gathering articles, writing articles, photos, etc.
- Conduct site research for yearly Division convention, including housing, food, party spots, meeting with site administration, etc.
- Seek out speakers for annual Division convention, including making contacts and calls, writing letters, etc.
- Create various informational mailers for Division.
- Create various forms for Division uses.
- Keep track of the membership; new, pending, etc.
- Travel to yearly Division convention [includes food, hotel, car].
- Travel to annual National convention [includes food, hotel, airfare, car].
- Travel to
annual USTA "Tennis Fest [includes food, hotel,
[ Travel and meal expenses-including airfare and mileage are to be covered by the Division. ]
- Place and return phone calls, faxes, e-mails that pertain to USPTA/PNW business.
- Consult with Division Tester on testing issues, dates, locations, etc.
- Calculate housing and convention income and work with National office to obtain reimbursements.
- Consult with USTA staff on issues that involve USPTA/USTA--both national and divisional.
- Manage paperwork to and from National office.
- Assess the environments at the events he/she attends. Make contacts, collect resources, etc. to better run our Division.
- Attend all USPTA/PNW Board meetings.
Job Description-USPTA/PNW Treasurer
The following job description is for the position of the USPTA/PNW Treasurer. It is meant to be a general guideline for the duties and responsibilities of the Treasurer of the USPTA/PNW. The Treasurer shall:
- Address the position of Treasurer with the same responsibility that one would address their own personal spending accounts.
- Supply the Board with up-to-date financial statements as well as various other spending reports.
- Complete and return quarterly financial reports to the National office; send copies to the Executive Director and the President.
- Prepare the Annual Budget with the help and direction of the Board.
- Write all checks; make all deposits.
- Attend all Board meetings; give a report on the status of year-to-date expenses; revenues.
- Attend annual Division convention. Attendance at National convention is optional.
- Maintain neat and orderly files of invoices, bank statements, etc.
- Reconcile all accounts on a monthly basis.
- Back up all files on a regular basis for security.
Job Description-USPTA/PNW Area Representative
The following job description is for the position of a USPTA/PNW Area Representative. It is meant to be a general guideline for the duties and responsibilities of an Area Representative of the USPTA/PNW. An Area Representative shall:
- Attend all Board meetings and Division conventions. Attendance at the National convention is optional.
- Participate in the planning and execution of the annual Division convention.
- Support the Vice President (if this becomes the responsibility of the VP) in maintaining and increasing active membership in the Division by making phone calls on a regular basis to all members in his/her area especially new, pending and unpaid members. Also, Area Representatives shall encourage the members in his/her area to upgrade and attend Division and National events and call to remind them of these things.
- Hold a minimum of one (1) annual event in his/her area with funds from the Division.
- Area Representatives will have the opportunity to move through the ranks to become: